X is for Xtreme Thrash

Wow, it seems like I am catching up on my Alphabet Challenge after all!! Today for the letter X I have a swatch and then a comparison for you. The silly thing is, the comparison is for two polishes of the same brand! So without further ado please welcome China Glaze - Xtreme Thrash.
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash indoors under artificial lighting.

Xtreme Thrash is described by China Glaze as bronze but in my opinion it is just a very warm red. Deep dark orange, if you insist. It has some very subtle gold shimmer in it and it dries to a metallic-pearly finish. Application is easy and flowing, although there are some brush strokes on the nail, due to the metallic nature of this polish. It is also very pigmented and if you're working careful enough, you can easily go with one coat of full opacity. However, note that this polish is a stainer. Make sure you wear your base coat!
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash indoors under artificial lighting.
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash close-up
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash indoors under artificial lighting.
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash Outdoors in the sun.
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Xtreme Thrash Outdoors in the sun.
Ever since I saw Xtreme Thrash, I thought it looked awfully familiar, except something in it that just looked a little... off. But I couldn't put my finger on it. But this morning as I orgenized my pics for this post, I remembered. I have another red shimmer by China glaze that I really like. This is Drive in, from the Retro Diva collection. So I decided to make a little comparison between the two.
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash, indoors under artificial lighting.
Can you tell which is which? On which nails can you see Drive In and on which it is Xtreme Thrash? Well? Ok, I will tell you: Index and ring are Xtreme Thrash; Middle and pinky are Drive In. While they are almost the same, I feel that Drive In has a richer feeling to it. It's shimmer is a little more scattered then Xtreme Thrash and it's shade is just a tiny bit deeper.
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash, bottle shot.
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash.
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash - close up.
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash
China Glaze Drive In vs. Xtreme Thrash on the nail-wheel.
I think the nail-wheel swatch is the most accurate color among the pics. It's the only picture where you see the warmer tones on Xtreme Thrash. On my laptop monitor anyway.
China Glaze Drive In vs. Extreme Thrash
China Glaze Drive In vs. Extreme Thrash
So here are the main differences between these two:
Drive In
Xtreme Thrash
Collection
Retro Diva, fall 2009
Ski, winter 2007
Description
orange/red shimmer.
Bronze high luster pearl.
Formula
Smooth. Applies evenly.
Smooth. Applies evenly, but needs a little more care to avoid  inconsistent brush strokes.
Coats
Two
One
Finish
Shimmer
Metallic/pearl
Dry
Quick
Quick
Remove
Easy and it's gone
Easy but it stains the nails!

Do one need them both? To be honest, I don't think so. But then... I believe one cannot have too many red polishes, and these two definitely fall into my "Red Polish" drawer. So I'll leave it up to you!


7 comments :

Steamy Nails said...

I prefer Xtreme Thrash a bit more because the golden undertones are sooooo pretty <3

Gosia said...

wohoo sexy mama!!! look at your sporting this awesome awesome red!!! and wth, how come I don't have this yet??? either one in fact! I don't think they look the same at all, in fact, I would have hard time deciding which one I would like better!! Like you, I think a girl can never have enough red polish!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Both are pretty, but you're right, one probably doesn't need both. Great comparison, by the way! :D

~ Yun

Beauty-Ninja said...

This is stunning! If I was provoked, I would have to pick Xtreme Thrash, but both are gorgeous colors! :)

Unknown said...

The red#36 is delicious!!!! so deep and such extreme color!!! Love me some reds.

from sunny south ALABAMA.....i'm drooling over red 36

M. Fourey said...

Oh that last comparison table was great! :D Just like the rest of the post ;)

I think I prefer Xtreme Thrash, more... vibrant? And that rocker name! Drive in can't beat it.

Unknown said...

Oh, Xtreme Thrash is a great color! I like the comparison. They really are very similar :D

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!