Day 10 - Gradient

Welcome to day 10 in the 30 Days of Untried Challenge! Today I will show you 4 purple/pink polishes - all untried. I don't really know why or how it happened but my pink/purple drawer holds the largest number of untried polishes. And since I need to gradient, what would make more sense then using polishes from that drawer?
China Glaze - Dance Baby, A-England - Princess Tears, Chic - Pinkish Metalix, A-England - Lady Of The Lake

So these are the polishes I used, from left to right: China Glaze - Dance Baby, A-England - Princess Tears, Chic - Pinkish Metalix and A-England - Lady Of The Lake.
China Glaze - Dance Baby, A-England - Princess Tears, Chic - Pinkish Metalix, A-England - Lady Of The Lake
I applied two coats of China Glaze - Dance Baby, which I didn't think had any issues worth mentioning. Good formula, pigmented enough to be completely opaque in two coats, self leveling and has average drying time. It's just a very regular baby pink. I am not impressed by this color but I think it's a good one for nail art. When it dried completely, I used my stripping tape and placed a few random tapes on the top area of each nail. Then I sponged using this technique, by applying a line of each polish onto my sponge. When I was done - I removed the tape and then top coated the mani.
However, you can see how not straight those lines turned out. This happened because the polish dried before I removed the tape. So this is why I suggested in my tutorial here to use a slow dry polishes.
China Glaze - Dance Baby, A-England - Princess Tears, Chic - Pinkish Metalix, A-England - Lady Of The Lake

China Glaze - Dance Baby, A-England - Princess Tears, Chic - Pinkish Metalix, A-England - Lady Of The Lake

China Glaze - Dance Baby, A-England - Princess Tears, Chic - Pinkish Metalix, A-England - Lady Of The Lake

I did hope to get something closer in the effect to this amazing mani by Amy of the Nail Venturous, but it didn't work quite well... Even my cat is laughing at me...


10 comments :

Tintin said...

How pretty, love the combo

Beauty-Ninja said...

I like it! I think it's a cool design. And I'm always down for cat pics. ;)

M. Fourey said...

What?! That's what you call a fail? You're insane, Jin. That mani is a total win! Okay, not perfect, I allow that. But it's super nice, and it's hard to notice that the lines are not harsh... 100% positive, this rocks!

Unknown said...

This is stunning I will have to get some stripping tape :D

Gosia said...

What an awesome awesome gradient!!! And such a clean tape job!!! Thx so much for posting the link to that tutorial!!! I tried a gradient over the weekend and totally effed it up, now I realize it's because I didn't wet my sponge first!
And I think your kitty kat can see mine through the monitor and is trying to say hi!! :))

Raggio di Luna said...

This could never happen to me, I mean a whole drawer of untried purple polishes... I like all shades of purple! :-)
Your gradient is beautiful and the final result too! :-)

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome! The colors are awesome and I love the striping tape effect! :D

Bénédicte D. said...

OMG JinJit that soooo gorgeous ♥♥♥

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

I love this! Your gradient turned out awesome, I love the colors you chose, and the lines add a little edginess to an otherwise sweet and feminine mani. :-)

~ Yun

Andrea said...

Well, your cat might be laughing at you, but I'm not. I've never tried a gradient before. And a gradient with stripes?? Wow. I'm in love with it and I love the colors you chose.

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!