Day 12 - Stripes

Ok, I admit. My name is Jin and I am addicted to holo polish. There. I feel much better now! So let me show you some holo goodness in the 12th day of the 30 Days of Untried Challenge.
These are all by Pupa and I got them in my trip to Russia last month (damn, a month is almost over and I still haven't made my trip haul post!! I need to MOVE IT!!!). Actually, you already saw one of these in this post. But the other two remained untried - until today.
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036, in direct sun.

I started with the purple holographic polish number 036 by Pupa. It has a soft lilac color and its holographic effect is very strong. Like it's brother #030, this is a one coater. but like it's brother - it also has this flat feel to it. I think this is the result of the very fine grade of the holographic particles in the polish, because all my other holos have a medium or coarse grade of holo. Do you know of any fine grade holo that is not this flat? Also, like its brother, if this polish chips or scratches, it looks real nasty. Like - the color chips off but the metallic - graphite like base - remains and you are left with this weird dark grey stain. Don't get me wrong: this polish is the easiest to remove and it does NOT stain the nails! But if it is scratched, it really looks bad.
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036, in direct sun.
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036, in direct sun.
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036
Pupa - Lilac Holographic 036, in direct sun.
Then I used my stripping brush and the other two Pupas - the green #031 and the silver #030 and I drew a few diagonal stripes. Because of the strong holo effect, you can hardly see any difference between the silver and the green. So you will have to take my word for it: the three strips from the left are green and the single strip from the right is silver.
Pupa Holographic
Pupa Holographic lilac, silver and green in direct sun.
Pupa Holographic
Pupa Holographic lilac, silver and green in direct sun.
Pupa Holographic
Pupa Holographic lilac, silver and green in direct sun. 
Pupa Holographic
Pupa Holographic lilac, silver and green in direct sun.
I know it's not creative or any special mani but like I said before - I am addicted to holo. I stare at my nails all day long! I compare the effect in different lighting, I google all other holo polishes and I am making a list of what else I need in this field. I think I am Holophilic...


12 comments :

May said...

Fellow Holophilic here! I think these look great :)

Agia said...

I'm also addicted to all glitter-ish polishes and I think this manicure is just beautiful :)

Jackie said...

this is sooo pretty, love this!!!

Kat said...

Beautiful! It's subtle but I *can* tell the difference between the green and silver.

Nothing wrong with being addicted to holo!

M. Fourey said...

That looks fantastic! Sad that one follows the rule of all holos... they chip freankin' fast! I'd love to wear them to work, but for that I need them to stand 5 days in a row. It sucks...

GabbyGlitch said...

Wow this is so beautiful!

meg patrick said...

I'm love with that nail polish!! these look amazing now following x

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

This is awesome!!! Holo stripes on top of holo = WIN!!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

So pretty! Do you know, I don't own any holo polishes (I have some holo glitters, but no overall holo polishes). Crazy I know. I hope to rectify that soon. :-)

~ Yun

Polished & Glittered said...

Love it!! <3

Gosia said...

Maaan.. I've been wanting to get my paws on Pupa polishes forever now!!! They're all sooo gorgeous!!! Too bad about the scratch-ability (is that a word? Haha) but they're still sooo beautiful!!!

Andrea said...

I am really loving these Pupa holos you got. They are so pretty and look just gorgeous layered together. The stripes are A beautiful addition.

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!