Day 8 - Metallic

Day 8 in the 30 Days of Untried Challenge is disappointing. I bought this polish too mostly for it's bottle but also because it looked promising in name and color. This is Peripera Metallic Coral (P026).
Peripera Metallic Coral (P026)

The gorgeous Cat-shaped bottle is simply irresistible. I would buy each and every one of them if I could. But with that aside, this polish being a coral colored and metallic finish - had a great potential. Unfortunately it did not stand the expectations.
The formula is good and quite easy to work with and drying time is super fast. But the pigmentation is too thin. Peripera promise that their polished are one coaters. With this polish however I used 4 coats and I could still see some VNL. It does have a lovely gold shimmer and nice metallic - satin finish but I am not quite sure how coral this color really is. Personally it is just pink with a lot of gold shimmer. It has nothing of the orange tones needed to make this a coral color.
Another issue I had with this polish is the smell. This is suppose to be a perfumed polish. In the Green Satin I didn't really feel a perfume but I have to say it didn't smell bad either. It had a very very subtle smell that just lowered drastically the otherwise harsh polish chemicals smell. Unfortunately this is not the case with Metallic Coral. This polish has a very strong sweet smell. It is so sweet that I find it very hard to decide whether it is roses smell or strawberries. Either way it's too strong and terribly annoying. I had this polish on from the morning and until after lunch time, and I just had to take it off! This has never happened to me before! The good news however are that removing this polish is really quick and easier then any other polish in my collection!
Peripera Metallic Coral (P026)

Peripera Metallic Coral (P026)

Peripera Metallic Coral (P026)

Peripera Metallic Coral (P026)
Just for the sake of my two adorable nieces I stamped these little cat-prints before removing the polish.
Peripera is a Korean brand and if you want to find it, I think the easiest way would be eBay for around $8.5 a bottle.



7 comments :

The Silverinator said...

Too bad you need four coats, but the good news is it is gorgeous on you!!!!

Jackie said...

Too bad this didn't play nicely, it is a very pretty shade!

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

That's a bummer that you weren't a huge fan, but it looks pretty on you! Love it with the orange stamping too!

M. Fourey said...

Damn, that shit smells bad? Because I really like the color of it. Nope, not a coral definitely. But still quite nice! You could have used an opaque color underneath! At least that's what I would have done, I have no patience enough for 4 deadly coats.

Beauty-Ninja said...

I love these kitty bottles! And the paw prints are adorable! I'm with you, definitely not coral, but it's a very pretty pink. It's a shame you had to remove it cause of the funky smell. :(

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Pretty color, but 4 coats (yikes!). And from the way you describe the smell, I think that would drive me crazy too.

~ Yun

ahhhdri said...

Awww, that sucks that you weren't a fan of the polish/formula. However that bottle is too cute!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!