IC Awareness Month

IC (Interstitial Cystitis) is a problem many people are not aware of. You can find more info on this problem here.  To raise awareness we color our nails teal and there is a nail art contest in the spirit of IC awareness over at Jenna's blog!  Make sure you get the rules and take a look at her awesome prizes.

To be honest, only recently I learnt what teal really is. In Hebrew, my language, those "in-between" colors don't really have common names and there is not much difference between teal and turquoise and any other blue-green shade. So I wasn't sure I even had a teal polish. But apparently - I do. Quite a few even.
So here are my teal mani's.

On my right hand I wear two coats of Orly - Sapphire Silk, a deep teal cream, covered with one coat of Sally Hansen's Spectrum (From the HD collection). The tips of my nails have a little touch of my favorite - China Glaze DV8, a yummy holographic teal. Then I added the daisy which is the IC awareness official symbol, using Born Pretty's stamping plate m21 and Illamasqua - Radium, a very bright green.
 On my left hand I wanted to try The Chalkboard Nail's Fishtail design but I was too impatient and ended up with a complete fail. The colors I used here were Orly - Sapphire Silk, Sinful Colors Athens and - of course - China Glaze DV8.
China Glaze DV8
And since I love it so much, here's China Glaze DV8 in all his splendor.


5 comments :

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your support! It means a lot to me! I love all your manis and DV8 looks amazing!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Lovely mani in support of a great cause! <3

~ Yun

The Silverinator said...

Wow these are all so gorgeous. What talent and what a great cause!

M. Fourey said...

Nah nah nah! I love both manicures, and I don't think your fishtail was a fail! Love it, actually! :D

Colorful Harmony said...

Hello, I'm new to your blog and I really like your manicures! :) What a nice awareness post, I had no idea IC even exists. I do want to ask you something though, what is the definition of teal? :D

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!