Illamasqua - Raindrops and Essie - Bikini So Teeny

Right now you were suppose to see my entry for day 22 of the 30 Days of Untried Challenge, a mani inspired by a song. Don't worry, you will get to see it right after this post! I just didn't want to have so many pictures in one post but I thought both the polishes I tried for this entry worth a post of their own.  so I will start with a review post and then I will show you my song inspired mani.

First polish I would like to show you is Essie - Bikini So Teeny.
Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Essie - Bikini So Teeny, indoors under artificial light.



Bikini So Teeny is from Essie's Summer 2012 collection. It's a very light blue cream with silvery shimmer that is very camera shy. This polish is gorgeous. It applies nicely and smoothly with Essie's soft and wide brush. You really need minimal brush strokes to cover the nails. It evens itself nicely from the first coat, although for full opacity a second coat is needed. This polish is very pigmented and is very blue despite being so light. I would most definitely put this polish in my must-have list. No top coat in any of these pictures.
Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Essie - Bikini So Teeny, indoors under artificial light.
Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Essie - Bikini So Teeny, indoors under artificial light.
Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Essie - Bikini So Teeny, outdoors in natural light.
The second polish I would like to show you is Illamasqua - RainDrops.
Illamasqua - Raindrops
Illamasqua - Raindrops. Indoors with artificial lighting.
Back in 2010 Illamasqua had a contest for new shades suggestions. Raindrops was a shade suggested by Annie Dollface that won the contest and was made as a UK exclusive LE polish. Unfortunately today it is discontinued and very hard to find but this doesn't take from it's gorgeousness.
Raindrops is a light grey gelly base, very sheer by itself, with a lot of silver and translucent flakies. I am not a huge fan of flakes but this polish really is gorgeous. By itself, it would probably need 4 coats or more to get opaque enough for my liking. But I used Zoya - Megan, a light grey creme as an undie. Megan by itself  would need two coats. But under Raindrops one coat is enough. Then two thin coats of Raindrops and you're good to go! Smooth and perfect. No top coat in any of these pictures.
Illamasqua - Raindrops
Illamasqua - Raindrops. Indoors with artificial lighting.
Illamasqua - Raindrops
Illamasqua - Raindrops. Indoors with artificial lighting.
Illamasqua - Raindrops. Indoors
Illamasqua - Raindrops. Outdoors in natural light.
Illamasqua - Raindrops
Illamasqua - Raindrops. Outdoors in natural light. 
Illamasqua - Raindrops
Illamasqua - Raindrops. Outdoors in natural light.
So now that I showed you the polish, I can move on to my nail art.

5 comments :

Tess R. said...

What a coincidence, I just bought Bikini So Teeny today because it was 50% off. I love it!

M. Fourey said...

I noticed that polish on a sale at Illamasqua's site, and it ripped my heart to have my account bordering zero! I looks amazing and confirms all my despair :p

Unknown said...

This is my fav color <3 <3

Gosia said...

Man, why you gotta create another lemming!!! At least I already have Essie.. :))

kati_kz said...

Bikini So Teeny is my favorite polish

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!