the 31 Days Challenge Day 28 - Inspired By Your Favorite Color

My favorite color... that's an easy one. If you know me any more then one minute, you know my most favorite color is Orange. So it was so clear I will work on some orange manicure today. However, no one thought, not even myself, that I will end up with such a lovely mani! This doesn't happen often at all but today I am really happy with my mani. 
Orange Tiger nail art
So I was googling some images of orange things to get an inspiration for my orange manicure, when I saw this image. I looked at it for a while, went on with my search but after another minute I came back. I can do it alright! So I started with a thick coat of Bourjois - Orange Creation. I then sponged some yellow stains using Rescue Beauty Lounge - Yellow Fever. With my Striper brush and Zoya - Ziv I did the gold stripes and then I covered just part of them with China Glaze Liquid Leather. That was the easy part. Then I sponged some Milani - White On The Spot, starting on the tip of my accent nail and it's both sides all the way to the middle of my nail in a U shape. Then little by little I drew all the details using mostly my loyal Liquid Leather. For the nose I used Model's Own - Pastel Pink and I lined it's top with China Glaze - Dance Baby. The nose shadows are Orange Creation mixed with one drop of Liquid Leather and the highlights around the eyes is Orange Creation mixed with a few drops of Milani - White On The Spot. It took me the good part of two hours but I was really really happy with how it turned out! 
The funny thing was, when I looked back at the photo I found on google to see it's source and credit them properly, I found out that they even had a tutorial... So if you ever want to try it yourself - Tiger Nails.
Orange Tiger nail art
The finished design before top coating it (and smearing some of the black...)
Orange Tiger nail art

Orange Tiger nail art

Orange Tiger nail art

Orange Tiger nail art

Orange Tiger nail art
RAWWWWRRR!!!!!
Don't forget to check the other entries for today's theme in the challenge.



24 comments :

Anna's Polish Addiction said...

Looks great :D

AMajgaard said...

Wow what a great design! Both the gradient, tiger stripes and the tiger Looks awesome :)

Unknown said...

wow wow wow this is fantastic!! super well done my lovely, really fantastic!

The Silverinator said...

You are so amazingly talented. Gorgeous work as always!

Loz said...

Awesome!! these look great! :)

Kelly @ Nails for the Sake of Sanity said...

This is amazing! Great mani! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! The tiger is amazing!

Unknown said...

This is totally awesome! That tiger looks mighty hungry!

Beautiful Living said...

this is so astoundingly amazing!!!!! A+++++++
They look so wicked :)

Rainbowify Me said...

Rawr indeed! Great work! :)

Marias Nail Art said...

Aww, that looks gorgeous, I love your tiger :)

Helena / Lacky Corner said...

Wow! This is just stunning! And orange polishes is very high on my favorite list as well.

gin shivers said...

Pretty <3

Bénédicte D. said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!!

M. Fourey said...

WOW, you just drew a tiger! :D I am amazed! This mani is FIERCE & FEISTY!

Natalie said...

wow awesome nail art! I just can't see myself do something like this freehand, Guess that's what got me in the stamping business in the first place lol so that's a good thing, right? :)

Raggio di Luna said...

Amazing nail art! :-) Yes, I knew that "inspired by your favourite colour" would be something orange! :-) Great manicure! :-)

Unknown said...

This is so cool. totally unique

Michaela said...

Incredible! What an amazing mani! <3 <3 <3 this!!!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Wow, how amazing is this!! So fierce! And that tiger is the best I've ever seen on nail art! :-)

~ Yun

Arletta said...

Wow your tiger is so perfect! I love love love it!
x

Heather @ Peace, Love & Polish said...

I love this so much - I recreated it for Day 31 :)

NailsLikeLace said...

These are beautiful!!

Gosia said...

Damn, you are good!!! This is incredible!!!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!