December Nail Art Theme Week: Japanese, day 3

A very quick post of another entry in this month's Nail Art Theme Week. You have seen quite a few of those manicures among the entries and I am no different. Whenever I think of Japan, the first thing that comes to my mind is the glorious Sakura - the beautiful blossom of the Japanese Cherry.
Above The Curve Jennifer's Blue Sakura Japanese Cherry Blossom
For this manicure I used two coats of Jennifer's Blue by Above The Curve, a beautiful holographic blue. Jennifer's Blue was a LE polish that I managed to snag a little while ago and I totally love it! It is very delicate and calm, it has a bright shade of baby blue and the holographic effect is not too strong, which helps a lot to keep the color so bright. I used two coats and you can still see my nail line. It is not completely opaque. But i think that such delicate nail polish does not have to be opaque and I did not bother with another coat! Formula is perfect and very easy to work with and it dries to a glossy finish. What you see below are two coats with no top.

Above The Curve Jennifer's Blue

Above The Curve Jennifer's Blue

Above The Curve Jennifer's Blue
I mixed a few drops of Jennifer's Blue with Cult Nails Tempest and sponged just a tiny little gradient on my tips. I didn't want a strong gradient, just a little change in the shade. Then, to make the flowers I first used a mix of light pink, dark pin and white stamping polishes with MoYou plate Suki 02 and then I drew the brunches over the stamping using BB Couture Animal Instinct and my striping brush.
Above The Curve Jennifer's Blue Sakura Japanese Cherry Blossom

Above The Curve Jennifer's Blue Sakura Japanese Cherry Blossom

Above The Curve Jennifer's Blue Sakura Japanese Cherry Blossom
I really hope that you like my version of the Japanese Cherry Blossom! Don't forget to take a look at all the other versions as well as all the other Japanese inspired manicures below!



2 comments :

M. Fourey said...

Gorgeous one! You're so inventive!! :D

Raggio di Luna said...

Oh, yes, surely I love the base colour, there is no doubt about it! :-) Flower branches are delicious! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!